To access a clock outside of your local network, you will need to set up a Fully Qualified Domain Name. When setting up Port Mapping, make sure to note that LiveTime uses TCP Ports 1901 – 1908.
Setup Key Steps
1. Determine your public IP. https://www.whatismyip.com
2. Open TCP Ports 1901 – 1908 via Port Mapping on your firewall or router.
3. We can add a domain for you at yourdomain.livetimeapp.com for $50/year; we just need your domain preference and public IP. Alternatively, you can use your own domain service.
4. On your LiveTime Server Preferences, set the Global Host Name to the Public IP / FQDN.
5. For some networks that do not support hairpin NAT, you will need to set up an internal DNS with that FQDN and your internal local IP.
6. Confirm you can PING the address inside your network and externally.